Devenez un Insider pour partager vos pronostics avec vos amis !
#CHELSEA Antonio Conte sacked by Chelsea with Maurizio Sarri set to replace him
Maurizio Sarri is set to be confirmed as Chelsea’s new head coach after Antonio Conte was finally relieved of his duties after two increasingly fractious years in charge.
Conte, who claimed the Premier League title and an FA Cup in his two seasons at the club, had been anticipating the axe to fall all summer but, with Chelsea’s negotiations over the compensation due to Napoli to secure Sarri having proved complicated, he had returned to his office at Cobham last weekend. The Italian even took training on Thursday morning before, with the players sent home for the afternoon, confirmation came of his sacking.
Related: Chelsea close in on Sarri and aim to beat Manchester City to Jorginho
Chelsea have yet to comment but it is understood Conte said his farewells to his players on Thursday lunchtime after training.
He had a year to run on a £9m-a-season deal, renegotiated last summer in the wake of the league championship triumph, and will be due a hefty payoff. Conte is likely to take a sabbatical while he considers his next move. It remains to be seen whether Chelsea can strike an agreement to compensate the 48-year-old across the remainder of his deal, though that is unlikely to be easy.
Relations between Conte and the Chelsea hierarchy had always been difficult but deteriorated markedly over a difficult second season with regular disagreements over transfer policy. The Italian wanted greater say over recruitment, and would have sought a radical overhaul of the playing squad this summer following last term’s disappointing fifth-place finish. Players such as David Luiz and Willian would have been moved on, though Chelsea were also concerned Eden Hazard might opt against signing a new long-term contract while Conte remained at the helm.
Sarri, who led Napoli to second place in Serie A last season, is expected to be confirmed as Conte’s replacement imminently, with progress having been made between his lawyers and those representing Napoli and Chelsea in the last 48 hours. He had been replaced in Naples by Carlo Ancelotti but not released from his contract, forcing the London club to pay a fee to secure him. Chelsea are likely to pay around £50m, with further fees due in bonuses, to secure the Italy midfielder Jorginho and Sarri.
Jorginho’s arrival will belatedly kickstart the club’s summer transfer business, with Daniele Rugani and Aleksandr Golovin to follow from Juventus and CSKA Moscow respectively. Thibaut Courtois is expected to depart having entered the final year of his contract, forcing Chelsea to consider a move for Roma’s Brazil goalkeeper Alisson.
Gianfranco Zola is expected to be given a role to work alongside Sarri in some capacity.
#WHU West Ham set to sign Felipe Anderson for club record £33.5m
West Ham have agreed a club record €38m (£33.5m) deal to sign Felipe Anderson from Lazio, with the Brazilian winger set for a medical on Friday.
Having completed a deal for Ukraine international Andriy Yarmolenko earlier this week, West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini was also keen to add Anderson to his squad as he prepares for the new season. Negotiations with Lazio for the 25-year-old began last month, having initially seen an offer of €35m (£30.8m) rejected but an agreement has now been reached that will exceed the £25m paid for young French defender Issa Diop earlier in the summer.
Meanwhile, Andy Carroll and Winston Reid are both facing three months out injured. Former England striker Carroll and New Zealand defender Reid have returned home early from a pre-season training camp in Switzerland to undergo follow-up operations on injuries suffered last season.
Richard Collinge, head of the club’s medical department, told whufc.com: “Andy played and scored in Sunday’s match (against FC Winterthur) but is still reporting some discomfort in his ankle and further scans have revealed that he requires some minor surgery to provide more strength and stability to the area.
“Winston has been suffering some swelling around the knee injury that he sustained at Swansea last season and he too is in need of explorative surgery to clean up the area. We have decided that this is the best course of action to ensure that both players have a chance of returning to full fitness as soon as possible.”
Fulham sign Seri for £25m
Fulham have beaten off competition from several European clubs to sign the Nice and Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michaël Seri for a club-record fee in the region of £25m, on an initial four-year contract.
The deal represents a significant coup for Slavisa Jokanovic, the Fulham head coach, given Chelsea, West Ham United, Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund, among others, were also credited with an interest in the 26-year-old. But, Fulham moved quickly to make Seri their maiden summer signing following promotion to the Premier League.
Related: Transfer window 2018 – every summer deal from Europe's top five leagues
Fulham have also confirmed the signing of Seri’s former Nice team-mate, the 28-year-old defender Maxime Le Marchand, to take their summer business north of £30m. They remain intent on adding former loanee Aleksandar Mitrovic on a permanent deal, while Jokanovic is also keen on Dedryck Boyata, the Celtic and Belgium defender.
Meanwhile, Newcastle United have re-signed the Chelsea winger Kenedy on a season-long loan. Rafael Benitez had hoped to sign the Brazilian on a permanent deal but is happy to have him back at St James’ Park, where the 22-year-old impressed after arriving on loan last January.
Kenedy is Benitez’s third summer signing after goalkeeper Martin Dubravka from Sparta Prague and midfielder Ki Sung-yueng from Swansea. Meanwhile, the midfielder Mikel Merino has exited for Real Sociedad having determined to leave Newcastle after losing his first team place in the second half of last season.
“I’m really pleased to have Kenedy back with us,” Benítez. “I’m sure every fan will be happy with this signing. “Hopefully he can keep playing at the same level that he reached with us last season. I wish him all the best.”
Barça sign €36m Sevilla defender Lenglet
Barcelona have signed the Sevilla defender Clément Lenglet after activating the 23-year-old’s buyout clause. The Frenchman exits Sevilla after a successful maiden season at the club following his move from Nancy last summer. The centre-back scored four goals in 52 games last season.
Lenglet has signed a five-year deal, with the La Liga club inserting a €300m release clause in his contract. Upon his arrival, Barcelona described Lenglet as “one of the most promising defenders on the planet.”
#JUVE Cristiano Ronaldo Welcome To Juventus ● Greatest Player In Real Madrid History ● 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo 2018 welcome to Juventus showcases Cristiano Ronaldo's best skills, tricks, assists and goals from his Real Madrid days! He left Lionel Messi at La Liga and is now going to conqure the Serie A! This is a tribute to the legend.